- I'm sorta on the outs with the blog. It's normal I guess but I wish I had more time to be reading other people's blogs (I haven't even been able to check up on my favourites). Hopefully work will slow down a bit soon and I'll have more time.
- Well, some of the reason I'm so busy is that I am finally getting a life! I made a commitment to myself that 2012 would be a year of me time (ahahaha). And so far I've been scrapbooking once a month (my most favourite day of the month usually) and actually going out with friends for coffee, drinks, etc. Not a ton mind you but enough to make life fun again!
- We went to Montana last weekend to teach Chicken how to ski. The plan was that M would be the teacher (I had a brief ski attempt as an adult a few years back and it reminded me that I don't do winter sports) and I would be the photographer (with little bear in the carrier strapped to my back). It was a great plan until Little Bear woke up Saturday with a super high fever and then Sunday I woke up with strep throat and also a super high fever.
- But don't feel bad for us. Chicken still went out with M and apparently LOVED skiing and Monday we got meds. M took Chicken to work with him (for real, he had him in video conferences and meetings, even took him to lunch. Seriously amazing dad!!!) so the baby and I could rest and we are all feeling a million times better!
- Thanks everyone for your comments on the whole GAY THING. A lot of you suggested I call the store but the employee wasn't my clerk and I was so confused that I didn't think to get her name (and probably out of it because of the strep - I actually remember getting huge hot flashes and being drenched in sweat by the end of the trip - feel bad for me yet haha). But the more I thought about it the more I realized this was really wrong. Like horribly, horribly wrong. So I did call the store. I remembered what time it happened at, that she was sweeping up around the bulk bins/clearance area and her general description. I also remembered that she had mentioned a nephew who just turned one. When I phoned the manager I told him all these things and he immediately said "yeah, I know who that is". He also informed me they have a policy regarding respect for everyone and no harassment and he would speak with her and also the whole store to ensure situations like that did not happen again. He apologized profusely and seemed quite embarrassed. It was reassuring and I'm glad you all pushed me to report this!
Whew, I guess I should blog more often! Anyways, be sure to visit our hostess and click over for more leftovers!