In the last couple of days there have been many message to me from God/The Universe to allow my baby to come to full-term. From commercials, to my chiro mentioning what she recently learned at a seminar, to a newspaper article, etc. Lots of signs. And so with that in mind I am trying to let go of control. I'm trying to be okay with still being pregnant. And seeing as how this will be my last pregnancy; it's good for me to remember to cherish this all.
So with that in mind I'm thinking about all the good things about being pregnant. Here they are:
- The baby is safe and happy inside of me. He moves lots and his heart rate is always healthy.
- I get lots of attention. Seriously, people love a pregnant woman. Lots of people ask me when I'm having the baby, how I'm feeling, how I look great, etc. It's really sweet!
- It's a lot warmer when a baby is inside of you and since it's been minus a zillion outside it's been nice to not be freezing like all my skinny friends.
- I'm officially on maternity leave (although I don't get paid because I'm a contractor) and Chicken is at the dayhome full-time because of my IUS. While it's kind of boring it's going to be one of the last times in my life where I have a couple of weeks to do nothing. It's kind of nice actually.
- Even when I can't sleep at night I can nap during the day. That too is nice.
- Although I feel massive, I'm really not that big. I am measuring 2 weeks behind and at my last appointment I lost a pound, which brings my total weight gain to 30lbs. That was my goal weight.
- I still have no stretch marks, knock on wood!
- I don't have any serious complications; I am healthy.
- The baby will be healthier and better developed the longer he is in the womb.
- The baby will be bigger and that means he will be cuter.
- I am at less risk of intervention if my body goes into labor on it's own. Hopefully this means I can do it drug free.
- The baby is less likely to need help or medical intervention after birth. This means I should be able to nurse right away and bring him home with me, instead of staying in the NICU.
- My in-laws are home this weekend from their cruise. They will be well rested and ready to help us.
- Everyday the baby stays in the womb is another day I have with Chicken. Another day I can fully devote to him; another day where he does not have to share his parents.
So yeah, that is my list. It's pretty long. If you all can remind me of this list when I'm still pregnant tomorrow, the next day, etc. That would be great!